In this three-day class, you will learn how to deploy, configure, and troubleshoot Fortinet’s web application firewall: FortiWeb.
Instructors will explain key concepts of web application security, and lead lab exercises in which you will explore protection and performance features. In the lab, you will experience traffic and attack simulations that use real web applications. You will work with those simulations to learn how to distribute load from virtual servers to real servers, while enforcing logical parameters, inspecting flow, and securing HTTP session cookies.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define Web Application Firewall and describe its role in the network
- Perform basic configuration and initial deployment
- Configure FortiWeb for deployment in a load balanced network environment
- Implement FortiWeb’s Machine Learning capabilities
- Configure and customize FortiWeb signatures
- Configure FortiWeb to protect against DoS and Defacement attacks
- Implement SSL/TLS Encryption, including Inspection and Offloading
- Configure user authentication and access control features
- Configure FortiWeb to ensure PCI DSS Compliance of your web applications
- Configure FortiWeb to perform Caching and Compression tasks
- Configure FortiWeb to perform HTTP content based routing, rewriting, and redirection.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of FortiWeb
- Basic Setup
- Integrating Front-End SNAT and Load Balancers
- Machine Learning and Bot Detection
- Signatures and Sanitization
- DoS and Defacement
- Authentication and Access Control
- PCI DSS Compliance
- Caching and Compression
- HTTP Routing, Rewriting, and Redirects
Networking and security professionals involved in the administration and support of FortiWeb.
- Knowledge of OSI layers and the HTTP protocol
- Basic experience using FortiGate port forwarding