In this three-day class, you will learn how to use FortiMail to protect your network from existing email-borne threats, as well as use FortiSandbox to detect and block emerging threats.
In interactive labs, you will explore FortiMail’s role as a specialized device, and how its features extend beyond FortiGate email filtering to provide both high-performance and in depth security for business-critical communications.
You will analyze email security challenges that administrators of small businesses and carriers face, and learn where and how to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot FortiMail.
- This course prepares you for the FortiMail 5.3.8 specialist exam. This is one of the courses that prepares you to take the NSE 6 designation.
After completing these courses, you will be able to:
- Position FortiMail in an existing or new email infrastructure using any of the flexible deployment modes
- Understand the system architecture of FortiMail: how email flows through its modules; how it applies intelligent routing and policies to email; and how it can protect the priceless reputation of your message transfer agent (MTA)
- Use your existing LDAP server to manage and authenticate users
- Secure email transmission using best-in-class technologies such as SMTPS, SMTP over TLS, and Identity Based Encryption
- Throttle client connections to block MTA abuse
- Block spam using sophisticated techniques such as deep header inspection, spam outbreak, heuristics, and the FortiGuard Antispam service
- Eliminate spear phishing and zero-day viruses
- Integrate FortiMail with FortiSandbox for advanced threat protection
- Prevent accidental or intentional leaks of confidential and regulated data
- Archive email for compliance
- Deploy high availability (HA) and redundant infrastructure for maximum uptime of mission-critical email
- Diagnose common email and FortiMail-related issues
- Email Concepts
- Basic Setup
- Access Control and Policies
- Session Management
- Antivirus and Content Inspection
- Securing Communications
- High Availability
- Server Mode
- Transparent Mode
- Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Networking and security professionals involved in the administration and support of FortiMail.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking and network security concepts
- Experience with Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, Public Key Infrastructure, Secure Sockets Layer, Transport Layer Security, Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol is recommended