In this three days class, you will learn how to use FortiMail to protect your network from email-borne threats, and you will learn how to integrate with FortiSandbox to detect and block advanced persistent threats.
In interactive labs, you will explore the role of FortiMail as a specialized device, and how its features provide both high-performance and in-depth security for business-critical communications.
You will analyze email security challenges that administrators face, and learn where and how to deploy, manage, and troubleshoot FortiMail.
- FortiMail 6.4
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Position FortiMail in an existing or new email infrastructure using any of the flexible deployment modes
- Understand the system architecture of FortiMail: how email flows through its modules; how it applies intelligent routing and policies to email; and how it can protect the priceless reputation of your message transfer agent (MTA)
- Use your existing LDAP server to manage and authenticate users
- Secure email transmission using best-in-class technologies such as SMTPS, SMTP over TLS, and Identity Based Encryption
- Throttle client connections to block MTA abuse
- Block spam using sophisticated techniques such as deep header inspection, spam outbreak, heuristics, and the FortiGuard Antispam service
- Eliminate spear phishing and zero-day viruses
- Integrate FortiMail with FortiSandbox for advanced threat protection (ATP)
- Prevent accidental or intentional leaks of confidential and regulated data
- Archive email for compliance
- Deploy high availability (HA) and redundant infrastructure for maximum uptime of mission-critical email
- Diagnose common email-related and FortiMail-related issues
This course covers gateway and server mode in depth. This course also covers transparent mode, however, if you require a course on the use of transparent mode in carrier environments, you should order customized training.
- Email Concepts
- Basic Setup
- Access Control and Policies
- Session Management
- Antivirus and Antispam
- Content Inspection
- Securing Communications
- High Availability
- Server Mode
- Transparent Mode
- FortiMail Troubleshooting
Networking and security professionals involved in the administration and support of FortiMail should attend this course.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking and network security concepts
- Experience with SMTP, PKI, SSL/TLS, RADIUS, and LDAP is recommended