Cybersecurity Essentials 1.1 helps students:
- Understand the players in the cybersecurity world and the motivation of cyber criminals and cybersecurity specialists.
- Learn to identify security attacks, symptoms, processes, and countermeasures.
- Learn foundational knowledge in various security domains.
- Build skills in security management, controls, protection, and mitigation technologies.
- Learn security laws, ethics, and how to develop security policies.
- Learn the roles of different cybersecurity professionals and career options.
The course has many features to help students understand these concepts:
- Rich multimedia content, including interactive activities, videos, games, and quizzes, addresses a variety of learning styles and help stimulate learning and increase knowledge retention
- Hands-on labs and Packet Tracer simulation-based learning activities help students develop critical thinking and complex problem solving skills
- Innovative assessments provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and acquired skills
- Technical concepts are explained using language that works well for learners at all levels and embedded interactive activities break up reading of the content and help reinforce understanding
- The curriculum encourages students to consider additional IT education, but also emphasizes applied skills and hands-on experience
- Cisco Packet Tracer activities are designed for use with Packet Tracer 6.3 or later.