This course provides trainees with the knowledge on routing mechanisms in IP networks. Starting from the most deployed local and wide area network architectures, the major routing protocols are illustrated and compared. Particular focus is reserved for routing tables autolearning feature (creation and update) supported by most of routing protocols, analyzing their convergence and scalability.
- Static Routing vs Dynamic Routing
- Distance-Vector and Link-State protocols
- Routing tables
- Routing metrics
- Routing Information Protocol (RIPv2)
- Convergence and scalability issues
- IGRP and EIGRP protocols
- OSPF protocol
- LSA Data Base structure
- MPLS signaling
- IS-IS protocol
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
This course is designed for personnel working for Network Provider or ISP who is involved in network management and maintenance.
TCP/IP protocol suite basic skills.