This course provides the fundamentals of microwave links digital transmission, both circuit-switched and packet-switched, highlighting deployment solutions and measurement issues. Radio channel characteristics and different modulation techniques are discussed, highlighting their features. Moreover, special attention is paid to different client signals mapping modes. Finally, this training analyzes radio equipment features from the network operation and maintenance perspective.
- Radio propagation principles
- Microwave Links equipment: IDU and ODU
- Legacy, Full Packet and hybrid Microwave Links
- Microwave channelization
- Adaptive modulations
- AGC and ATPC
- Radio link planning
- Fading and multipath
- Deep attenuation causes
- Fade Margin calculation
- Interference issues
- Backhauling architectures in PR
- Capacity design
- Priority and QoS
- Link protection techniques
- Laser Microwave links and Hyperlink
- This course is designed for telecommunications engineers involved in microwave links planning, implementation and maintenance.
- Digital transmission principles basic understanding.
All the case studies illustrated during the theoretical lectures are checked using link budget calculation tools. This training includes design exercises based on equipment datasheets from different technologies and vendors.