This four-day course discusses the configuration of the Junos Pulse Secure Access Service in a typical network environment. Key topics include Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) access technologies, basic implementation, and configuration and management options. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring, testing, and troubleshooting basic and advanced facets of the Junos Pulse Secure Access Service. This course uses the MAG6611 Junos Pulse Gateway using MAG-SM160 Service Modules. The course also supports the SA Series SSL VPN Virtual Appliance Demonstration and Training Edition (DTE). This course is based on the Junos Pulse Secure Access Service release 8.0R3.2.
Junos Pulse Access Control is an intermediate-level course.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to deploy the Junos Pulse Secure Access Service and firewall enforcer to support common environments. Specific topics include the following:
- Introduction to the Junos Pulse Secure Access Service:
- Typical deployment scenarios.
- Secure Access protocols and operations.
- Junos Pulse Secure Access Service initial configuration.
- Junos Pulse Secure Access Service configuration elements:
- Authentication realms.
- Authentication servers.
- Resource policies.
- Sign-in policies.
- Client access methods:
- VPN tunneling.
- Junos Pulse.
- Junos Pulse collaboration:
- Configuring and scheduling meetings.
- Conducting meetings.
- Endpoint security:
- Host Checker.
- Enhanced Endpoint Security.
- Secure Virtual Workspace.
- Cache Cleaner.
- Administration and troubleshooting.
This course benefits network engineers, support personnel, reseller support, and individuals responsible for implementing the Junos Pulse Secure Access Service.
- This course assumes that students have moderate background in internetworking basics, basic security concepts, network administration, and application support.