Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) is 5 Days (ILT) instructor led training event with course contents leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) career certification. This training event helps students to deploy Cisco IPS-based security solutions using Cisco IPS features with detailed operations support for the Cisco IPS.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Evaluate products and deployment architectures for the Cisco IPS product line.
- Perform an initial implementation of a Cisco IPS sensor.
- Implement an initial security policy using a Cisco IPS sensor according to local policies and environmental requirements.
- Deploy customized policies to adapt Cisco IPS traffic analysis and response to the target environment.
- Implement a basic Cisco IPS data management and analysis solution.
- Implement complex Cisco IPS policy virtualization, high availability, and high performance solutions according to policy and environmental requirements.
- Perform the initial setup of, and maintain specific Cisco IPS hardware.
- Introduction to Intrusion Prevention and Detection, Cisco IPS Software, and Supporting Devices
- Installing and Maintaining Cisco IPS Sensors
- Applying Cisco IPS Security Policies
- Adapting Traffic Analysis and Response to the Environment
- Managing and Analyzing Events
- Deploying Virtualization, High Availability, and High Performance Solutions
- Configuring and Maintaining Specific Cisco IPS Hardware
- Channel Partner / Reseller
The recommended knowledge and skills that a learner should have for the best learning outcome include:
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification
- Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 1 (ICND1)
- Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 2 (ICND2)
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) certification
- Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS)
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system