The Cisco ASR 5000 Supplemental EPC Training (EPCSuppl) Version 12.2 instructor-led course offered by Learning Services provides instruction on how to configure and monitor the Cisco® ASR 5000 Series Aggregation Services Router to function as a Mobility Management Entity (MME) Serving Gateway (SGW) and PDN Gateway (PGW) in an Evolved Packet Core (EPC) network environment. It builds on principals learned in other Cisco ASR 5000 Series-related training.
Through lecture and hands-on lab exercises, the student will be provided with an introduction to the important components of an EPC network and how to configure the Cisco ASR 5000 Series platform to support them. After configuration, basic debugging commands will be introduced and used for simulated call failure scenarios.
- Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Perform basic service configuration for a MME.
- Perform basic service configuration for an SGW.
- Perform basic service configuration of a PGW.
- Monitor the system for subscriber sessions.
At the completion of this course, all participants receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Day 1: Morning Session
- Registration (Refreshments and Introductions)
- Discussion: Course Objectives and Schedule
- Lesson 1: Long Term Evolution (LTE) Overview
- Lesson 2: ASR 5000 LTE Features
- Lesson 3: LTE Call Flows
- Day 1: Afternoon Session
- ASR 5000 LTE Configuration Lab Exercise
- Troubleshooting LTE Subscriber Sessions
This course provides detailed instruction on how to manage, monitor, configure, and/or administer MME, SGW, and PGW functions configured on the Cisco ASR 5000 Series. This course is designed for participants from any of the following disciplines who are responsible for the planning, configuration, and management of the ASR 5000 Series:
- Network Engineering
- Network Consulting
- Customer Support
- Field Engineering
Following are the prerequisites for this course.
- Any Cisco ASR 5000 Series comprehensive or administration training