The Maintaining Service Provider VPNs and MPLS Networks (MSPVM) course is a fiveday instructor-led training (ILT) course designed to course provides learners with the knowledge needed to provide support in a service-provider environment using Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS). It provides learners with understanding of MPLS and the associated technologies used in service provider environments, and it provides them with the guidelines on how to monitor and troubleshoot these technologies.
- CCNP Service Provider Operations
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to meet these overall objectives:
● Identify the typical MPLS and MPLS VPN requirements in service provider networks and list the solutions and describe the change, performance, and fault management procedures for MPLS and MPLS VPNs.
● Perform changes in the routing configuration based on designs and implementation templates as well as ITIL®-based change management processes and procedures.
● Gather and interpret performance statistics for MPLS and MPLS VPNs using various tools such as show commands and SNMP-based monitoring tools.
● Perform fault management for MPLS and MPLS VPNs using various tools such as show commands and SNMP-based monitoring tools.
● Module 1: Service Provider VPN Operation Processes
- 1.1: Service Provider MPLS and MPLS VPN Overview
- 1.2: Service Provider Routing Operation Processes Based on ITIL®
● Module 2: Change Management for MPLS and MPLS VPNs
- 2.1: MPLS, MPLS VPN, and MPLS Traffic Engineering Requirements
- 2.2: Adding MPLS-Enabled Routers to SP Network
- 2.3: Analyze Lab Scenario
- 2.4: Adding Layer 3 MPLS VPN Customers
- 2.5: Analyze Lab Scenario
- 2.6: Adding Layer 2 MPLS VPN Customers
- 2.7: Analyze Lab Scenario
● Module 3: Performance Management for MPLS and MPLS VPNs
- 3.1: Audit MPLS-Related Control Protocols
- 3.2: Monitor MPLS Performance
- 3.3: Analyze Lab Scenario
- 3.4: Improve Availability and Resource Utilization Using MPLS Traffic Engineering Tunnels
- 3.5: Analyze Lab Scenario
● Module 4: Fault Management for MPLS and MPLS VPNs
4.1: Troubleshoot Core MPLS Issues
4.2: Analyze Lab Scenario
4.3: Troubleshoot Layer 3 MPLS VPN Customer Connectivity Issues
4.4: Analyze Lab Scenario
4.5: Analyze Lab Scenario Lab Outline The lab outline is as follows:
● Module 2 ◦ Lab 2-1: Adding MPLS-Enabled Routers to SP Network ◦ Lab 2-2: Adding Layer 3 MPLS VPN Customers
● Module 3 ◦ Lab 3-1: Monitor MPLS Performance for Core and Customer Connectivity ◦ Lab 3-2: Improve Availability and Resource Utilization Using MPLS Traffic Engineering Tunnels ● Module 4 ◦ Lab 4-1: Troubleshoot Core MPLS Issues ◦ Lab 4-2: Troubleshoot Layer 3 MPLS VPN Customer Connectivity Issues ◦ Lab 4-3: Troubleshoot Layer 2 MPLS VPN Customer Connectivity Issues
● Support staff
● Service provider network operations center (NOC) personnel
● Service provider engineers
● Service provider partners
- IP networking skills and experience using Cisco IOS Software commandline interface (CLI)
- Operations process knowledge and ability to use NMS tools to monitor networks and network devices.
- Ability to implement service provider change management procedures and configuration management procedures.
- Understanding of and ability to identify the critical factors for availability, scalability and manageability of OSPF, IS-IS, and BGP.
- Ability to implement Cisco IOS Software and Cisco IOS XR Software configuration and monitoring commands.
- UNIX and/or Linux operating system experience as applied to IP network environments.