This course aims to provide trainees with knowledge on IPv6 addressing implementation and on the new features of this protocol. IPv6 addresses structure and different types will be described, moreover IPv4 compatibility, routing and security issues will be discussed.
- IPv6 addressing
- IPv6 Datagram format
- IPv6 Unicast, Multicast, Anycast
- Link-Local, Site-Local, Global IPv6 Unicast addresses
- Stateless AutoConfiguration
- Stateful AutoConfiguration (DHCPv6)
- IPv6 MTU
- Neighbor Discovery (ICMPv6)
- IPv6 Routing protocols
- RIPng, OSPFv3,MP-BGP
- Dual Stack and Tunneling
- 6rd, DS-Lite, Teredo
- NAT64 and DNS64
- IPv6 over MPLS 6PE and 6VPE
- Broadband Forum TR-177 and TR-187
- Mobile IPv6
- Home Agent and Care of Address
Network Manager and technical personnel involved in networking.
IP networking and IPv4 protocol good understanding.
The practical activities include the use of network devices and terminals configured in IPv6 or dual mode. The exercises will be supported by tools for real-time monitoring and tracing of network traffic and control packets.