Implementing CiscoWorks LMS (CWLMS) v4.0 teaches learners how to use the CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS) 4.0 to manage their network. The focus is to find the correct tools within CiscoWorks to document the network inventory, manage device configurations, control software updates, monitor performance, troubleshoot faults, and simplify the deployment of new Cisco technologies.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe fundamental network management concepts and introduce the applications contained in CiscoWorks LMS.
- Prepare the various CiscoWorks applications for use.
- Use CiscoWorks Campus Manager to view and troubleshoot network devices, as well as end-user, host, and IP phone connections.
- Use CiscoWorks RME to document the network, log changes, archive configurations and software images, and deploy updates.
- Monitor performance in the network using CiscoWorks IPM and response time.
- Manage network faults using CiscoWorks DFM.
- Use the CiscoView device manager to monitor and configure a device, use CiscoWorks Device Center to troubleshoot a device, and use CiscoWorks.
- Deploy CiscoWorks and perform CiscoWorks system administration tasks to ensure that the server runs smoothly.
- Introduction to Network Management Using CiscoWorks LMS
- Jump-Start CiscoWorks
- CiscoWorks Campus Manager
- CiscoWorks Resource Manager Essentials
- CiscoWorks Internetwork Performance Monitor
- CiscoWorks Device Fault Manager
- Device Troubleshooting
- CiscoWorks System Administration
- Channel Partner / Reseller
- Knowledge of basic Cisco IOS commands
- Knowledge of basic Cisco Catalyst OS commands
- Basic knowledge of TCP / IP
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Basic Internet browser navigation skills
- Basic e-mail usage skills