This one-day course is designed to provide students with information about troubleshooting interior gateway protocols, BGP, routing policy, multicast, and class of service (CoS). Students will gain experience in monitoring and troubleshooting these topics through demonstration as well as hands-on labs. The course exposes students to common troubleshooting commands and tools used to troubleshoot various intermediate to advanced issues.
This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. This course is based on Junos OS Release 12.1R5.5 for SRX Series devices, and Release 12.3R1.7 for EX Series switches.
Advanced Junos Enterprise Routing Troubleshooting is an advanced-level course.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- List common commands used to troubleshoot and verify various interior gateway protocol (IGP) routing protocols.
- Isolate different IGP issues.
- List common commands used to troubleshoot and verify BGP.
- Isolate different issues with BGP communication and configuration.
- Isolate problems relating to routing policy structure and configuration.
- Identify common commands for troubleshooting routing policy.
- Verify and troubleshoot multicast.
- Verify and troubleshoot class of service.
- List common commands that are used to troubleshoot and verify the RIP routing protocol.
- Explain IGP support for IPv6.
- List the general chassis components.
- Identify different methods for troubleshooting major chassis components.
- Troubleshoot redundant Routing Engine and Control Board communication.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: IGP Troubleshooting
- OSPF Troubleshooting
- IS-IS Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting IGPs Lab
Chapter 3: BGP Troubleshooting
- BGP Overview
- BGP Troubleshooting
- BGP Case Study
- Troubleshooting BGP Lab
Chapter 4: Policy Troubleshooting
- Routing Policy Overview
- Routing Policy Structure
- Using Regex
- Routing Policy Troubleshooting
- Case Study
- Troubleshooting Routing Policy Lab
Chapter 5: Troubleshooting Advanced Features
- Multicast Troubleshooting
- Multicast Case Study
- CoS Troubleshooting
- CoS Case Study
- Troubleshooting Advanced Features Lab
Appendix A: Additional IGP Troubleshooting
- RIP Troubleshooting
- IGP Troubleshooting Case Studies
- IGP Support for IPv6
Appendix B: Additional Case Studies
- BGP Case Study
- Policy Case Study
Appendix C: SRX Hardware Troubleshooting
- General Chassis Components
- Hardware Case Study
The primary audience for this course is the following:
- Individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.